Sunday, November 16, 2008

So week 11... I need some advice!

OK so here is your chance to give me all your little hints and tips on how to deal with pregnancy....
I think I have the morning sickness thing down... I know what to do and what not to do to aggrivate. But I am having horrible leg cramps at night... so give it to me... what should I do for them?
Ok so week 11 the Lil Toad is (From what to expect when your expecting)

"Slightly more than two inches long now and weighing about a third of an ounce, your fetus is growing by leaps and bounds when you are 11 weeks pregnant. And so is his or her head, which is equal in length to the rest of the body (don't worry — all fetuses are top-heavy). On the crown of that large head (and over the rest of the body), hair follicles are forming. Fingernail and toenail beds begin to develop this week and by next week, the nails themselves will start to grow (so don't forget to add a baby nail clipper to your to-buy list).
Your baby's body is straightening and his or her torso is lengthening (sounds like a yoga pose, doesn't it?). Other poses your baby can assume now: stretches, somersaults, and forward rolls. And while you can't tell this baby's gender by its cover yet, testes are developing if it's a boy and ovaries if it's a girl. "
So I dont have more pictures of the baby but Jody got me hooked on digital scrapbooking so here are my first pages of Moira... its supposed to be a lil book... when you print it out and put it all together.
Love you all...
Christin

4 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Legs cramps can mean low calcium and/or potassium. Supplements can help.

Unknown said...

I hate to say it Christin but the only time in my life that I ever got Charlie Horses was when I was pregnant! In fact, that was one of my tell-tale for sure signs that I was pregnant. I believe grandma green may be on to something but the only thing Charlie did was knead that cramped muscle in my leg every time it happened until he ended up hurting me more than the original cramp! Happy day! It will all be worth it in the end and the leg cramp thing didn't go on all the way through the pregnancy! :)

Steve and Patty Cluff said...

Gotta agree with Emma, make sure you are taking your pre-natals. Milk is calcium and bananas are good for potassium. also walking will stretch those muscles. when you go to bed at night stretch out your legs and pull your toes forward. or you might be like Rana and be stuck with it. great!!
muscle rub

Graham Crackerz said...

Ooooooh! I had the horrible cramps too. I'm with Rana. Marcus just had to knead them out for me. I would wake up in the night howling in pain. He use to yell at me to stop flexing my calves while I slept! As if I could help it. One more reason I don't ever want to be pregnant again. =)