Sunday, March 29, 2009

Name Changes

Ok so after many many sleepless nights and prodding we are going to change the babies name.

She will be called Fiona-Ann Caoimhe Green.... many of you are probably wondering where the heck did I come up with that. Well Caoimhe is Irish Gaelic and shares the same root as Kevin. Its pronounced Kee-va. and its meaning is "gentleness, loveliness, grace". I wanted what will probably be our only biological child to have a part of Kevins name so I was lucky enough to be doing research and find this.

Kevin was very excited even tho hes still trying to figure out how that makes the sound Kee-va LOL

Oh well the Irish had it figured it out and so thats good enough for me.. and yes her actual first name will be Fiona-Ann. Which Moira is working very hard on learning. Tho it sounds more like Fema when she says it.

Just wanted to share the update... hope all is well with everyone
Hugs
Christin, Kevin Moira & Fiona-Ann

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So I guess I must have somehow missed the March 3rd post and that is all too scary. Does Levi work with Kevin? Was he there that day? Carter had an "almost" once, when a piece of equipment came down. I have read that the gas jobs are one of the 10 most dangerous jobs in the nation/world/universe, but I had a son in Iraq so nothing phases me too much and I just keep in mind that Heavenly Father is in charge and whatever will be will be.I am so glad that He was watching out for Kevin that day. I like your middle name for Fiona. (I'm not going back to see how it is spelled.) It would even be good for a first name but with the trouble I've had with my name being pronounced right you may discover that all my kid's names are phoenetic or at least easy to pronounce. If my mom had just put an "i" in my name it would have been so much easier to pronounce. (Raina) Some people are just idiots no matter what you do tho. I had a nurse pronounce Levi's name "Leh-vee" (levy) once. What, has she never seen or worn Levi's in her life????????

christingreen said...

LOL.. yeah I know people cant do Moira's name half the time either. Levi wasnt with Kevin they havent ever worked together.. Kevins on the Stand alone and Levi works on the rig assist units. But yes we were very lucky, he doesnt even tell me most the times that bad things happen or I would be a complete wreck most the time.

stephanie said...

hey christin, i love the name. i think it is quite unique and is wonderful. i'm soory that you don't get much sleep at night. but it is exciting that you had your first braxton hicks contraction. it's always fun at first. trust me, not so much at the end. he he he. all is well here. we are trying to finish our bathroom. it flooded and was a total loss. we had to tear out the walls and the floor down to the floor joices. but it is almost done now after two weeks. just wish we had a second bathroom so we could stop using other peoples bathrooms. ugh!! baby is good as well as all the other kids. makindra is going to be baptized on august 1. she turns 8 this month on the 22 but really wants to have steven here and he gets home from his mission on july 7 so she is waiting. i guess it might work well anyhow because that is over the summer. hope all goes well during your last trimester. love ya steph

Graham Crackerz said...

Hey, I just saw your new littles pics on Facebook and fell in love. Congrats and I hope to hold the little bundle before she is tooooooo big.

Nickel said...

Hi Christin,
First off, your little girl is so cute! Brian got an email about his high school class reunion, and Kevin's name was on the "missing information" list. If you guys are interested contact Jamie Carrell at jcarrell@clearwire.net to get all the info.
Donell (Atkinson) Nickel